Teeth Whitening in Boca Raton
If your teeth are discolored or stained, you may be hiding your smile. Your teeth are one of the first things that other people notice about you, so if they are stained or discolored, you may be feeling self-conscious. Fortunately, there is a way that you can quickly and safely restore the beauty of your smile. Thanks to teeth whitening, you can have the whitest, brightest teeth and a picture perfect smile.
Why do Teeth Become Discolored?
Your teeth can become discolored and stained for a variety of reasons, including:
- Ingesting certain foods and beverages. Things like coffee, tea and red wine contain deep color pigments. Known as chromogens, these color pigments attach to the enamel, or the white, outer portion of the tooth, which causes them to become discolored.
- Tobacco use is another major contributor to tooth staining and discoloration. Tobacco contains tar and nicotine, two elements that stain the surface of the teeth a yellowish-brown color.
- Aging can also lead to discoloration. Underneath the enamel, the hard, white outer portion of the teeth, is a softer area known as dentin. As you age, the enamel wears away, which makes the yellowish dentin become visible.
- Trauma to a tooth can also cause discoloration. When a tooth is injured, it produces more dentin. Because dentin is darker than enamel, the color pushes through the white enamel, thus discoloring the tooth.
- Medications can also discolor the teeth. A side effect of certain medications, including antihistamines, high blood pressure and antipsychotic medications, is discoloration of the teeth.
The Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Though teeth whitening is not deemed medically necessary and is purely cosmetic, it does provide a number of benefits, including:
- Improved self-confidence – If your stained and discolored teeth are making you feel self-conscious, teeth whitening can restore the whiteness and brightness of your teeth, allowing you to feel more confident about showing off your smile.
- Improved appearance – Naturally, the process of teeth whitening restores brightness and whiteness of the teeth, which improves your appearance. Your appearance will automatically improve when you flash a smile of bright, white teeth.
- It’s simple. Of all of the cosmetic dental procedures available, teeth whitening is, by far, the easiest. After just one appointment, your teeth can look brand new!
If you are feeling self-conscious about your stained and discolored teeth and you live in Boca Raton, contact Ericsson Dental to schedule an appointment for a teeth whitening procedure. Dr. Ericsson uses Arc Plasma to whiten his patients’ teeth, one of the most advanced teeth whitening therapies available.
The Arc Plasma therapy is quick and easy, there is no discomfort at all, an in after just one appointment, you will notice a marked difference in the color and brightness of your smile.
If you want to restore your confidence and improve your smile and you live in Boca Raton, Ericsson Dental will give you the smile that you have always dreamed of. The results of teeth whitening done by Ericsson Dental are truly unbelievable.